As a Knauss Marine Policy Fellow in 2014, I worked at the US Department of State in the Office of Marine Conservation. While there, I helped produce Secretary John Kerry’s Our Ocean Conference, and researched and helped draft recommendations to the White House as a member of the Presidential Task Force on Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported Fishing and Seafood Fraud.
- Member of the Presidential Task Force on Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing and Seafood Fraud (2014)
- Member of the US Delegation to the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission Northern Committee Meeting, Fukuoka, Japan (2014)
- Member of the US Delegation to the International Convention for the Conservation of Atlantic Tuna Science Manager Working Group, Barcelona, Spain (2014)
As an NSF Interdisciplinary Graduate Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) Fellow at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, I had the opportunity to incorporate policy-oriented projects into my dissertation and graduate experience.
- Congressional Office Visits (2012) Organized and conducted 20+ meetings in Washington D.C., with project team members, to inform policy-makers of the connections between national security and climate change.
- Member of the US Delegation to the International Whaling Commission (2010) Scientific Committee, Morocco.
- US National Marine Fisheries Service Humpback Whale Biological Review Team Rapporteur & Consultant (2010). Contracted by NMFS to conduct comprehensive research on humpback whale populations globally, author the background report and consult at meetings of the Biological Review Team during its determination of humpback whale status under the Endangered Species Act.